Missing Romanian family from Ipswich found ‘safe and well’ in Birmingham
- Credit: Archant
A family-of-four from Ipswich who had been missing for almost a week have been found “safe and well”.
Fears had been mounting for the Dumitru family, who were from Romania, and had been reported missing to Suffolk Constabulary on October 27.
Police issued an appeal to trace the family last Thursday, having made a number of inquiries to locate them.
Today, Suffolk Constabulary confirmed the Dumitrus had been found .
“The Dumitru family, who were reported missing on Friday, October 27, 2017, were found to be safe and well on Friday, November 3, in Birmingham,” a spokesman said.
“Police would like to thank the media and the public for their assistance.”
The family comprise of father Gheorghe Dumitru, 39, mother Tanta Dumitru, 41, and their two children David Dumitru, 17, and eight-year-old Florin Vaduva.
- 1 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 2 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 3 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 4 Ipswich homes left without electricity after power cut
- 5 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 6 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 7 Festive shoppers brave the cold for Christmas street market in Ipswich
- 8 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 9 Care home worker may be jailed after using resident's bank card
- 10 Felixstowe Christmas light switch on outshines dreary weather