Archer moved to Suffolk
JEFFREY Archer today moved to an open jail just three weeks after being sent to a high-security "hellhole" for repeatedly breaking prison rules.The disgraced former Tory party deputy chairman arrived at the isolated HMP Hollesley Bay in Suffolk this afternoon.
JEFFREY Archer today moved to an open jail just three weeks after being sent to a high-security "hellhole" for repeatedly breaking prison rules.
The disgraced former Tory party deputy chairman arrived at the isolated HMP Hollesley Bay in Suffolk this afternoon.
The windswept 350-inmate jail is dubbed "Holiday Bay'' by some inmates because of its seaside location, relaxed regime and modern facilities.
Some cells even have sea views.
You may also want to watch:
The millionaire novelist - who got into trouble for using a home visit to attend a champagne party held by former Tory colleague Gillian Shephard, and for identifying fellow inmates in his prison memoirs - is expected to serve the rest of his sentence at the Suffolk jail.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial
- 7 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 8 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 9 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 10 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers