Argument man resisted arrest
AN IPSWICH man who resisted a police officer following a domestic argument must keep the peace for six months or forfeit £100.Benny Keeble, 26, received the bind over from South East Suffolk Magistrates in Ipswich for obstructing police following an allegation of assault his partner on November 17.
AN IPSWICH man who resisted a police officer following a domestic argument must keep the peace for six months or forfeit £100.
Benny Keeble, 26, received the bind over from South East Suffolk Magistrates in Ipswich for obstructing police following an allegation of assault his partner on November 17.
Patricia Doggitt, acting on behalf of the Crown Prosecution Service said Keeble returned to his Canham Street home where an argument sparked between him and his partner.
The argument ended with his partner saying she was going to take the children out to get away from him. "He didn't want her to and tried to stop it," said Miss Doggitt.
"Violence took place which let to police being called. A complaint was made and he was taken to the police station." The resisting a police constable occurred during his arrest.
His partner then later withdrew the charge about the assault. "The allegation was denied," said Miss Doggitt.
- 1 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 2 Body of woman found in river in Hadleigh
- 3 Ipswich entrepreneur to appear on ITV show
- 4 Man who sexually assaulted toddler in the street could be jailed
- 5 Staff shortages hit 98% of firms, including Suffolk hotels and restaurants
- 6 Road closure 'chaos' for residents during fibre works
- 7 Suffolk woman describes 'brutal, shocking' unprovoked train attack
- 8 Boy, 14, injured in altercation near Ipswich primary school
- 9 Ipswich resident charged £400 by rogue trader to pressure wash driveway
- 10 School submits plan to turn site into 7 homes
"But [Keeble] accepts there was physical contact against [his partner]."
Hugh Rowland, mitigating, said both parties wanted to continue their relationship.