Arson attack destroys park pavilion
ARSONISTS today destroyed a bowls pavilion in the heart of an Ipswich park.Holywells Bowls Club members were left counting the cost after their pavilion was burned to the ground early today.
ARSONISTS today destroyed a bowls pavilion in the heart of an Ipswich park.
Holywells Bowls Club members were left counting the cost after their pavilion was burned to the ground early today.
"It looks as if someone got into the pavilion and started the fire inside – that's what the firefighters said today," said bowls club treasurer Eric Munnings.
"It's all gone up – we had a kitchen and toilets there and a lot of the members had their bowls and kit in the pavilion, that's all gone."
You may also want to watch:
An initial investigation by fire officials confirmed that the fire was started deliberately – and the police were called in.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 3 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 4 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 5 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 6 Hail, thunder and gusty winds forecast for Suffolk
- 7 Get lost in two sunflower mazes at this Suffolk farm
- 8 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 9 Go-ahead secured for new hotel near Ipswich Town ground
- 10 150 new council homes get go-ahead in Ipswich