Arson attack destroys park pavilion
ARSONISTS today destroyed a bowls pavilion in the heart of an Ipswich park.Holywells Bowls Club members were left counting the cost after their pavilion was burned to the ground early today.
ARSONISTS today destroyed a bowls pavilion in the heart of an Ipswich park.
Holywells Bowls Club members were left counting the cost after their pavilion was burned to the ground early today.
"It looks as if someone got into the pavilion and started the fire inside – that's what the firefighters said today," said bowls club treasurer Eric Munnings.
"It's all gone up – we had a kitchen and toilets there and a lot of the members had their bowls and kit in the pavilion, that's all gone."
An initial investigation by fire officials confirmed that the fire was started deliberately – and the police were called in.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 3 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 4 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 5 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 6 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 7 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 8 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 9 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 10 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour