Port of Ipswich hospice fundraising tops £12,000
- Credit: Archant
A quiz night has pushed the Port of Ipswich’s fund-raising pot for St Elizabeth Hospice to £12,000.
The quiz, which raised £1,000, is among a host of fundraising activities staff at Associated British Ports (ABP) have completed for the hospice.
Earlier this year a team of 14 from ABP finished a 100 mile cycle ride, raising £2,500.
Paul Ager, ABP divisional port manager, said: “We are proud to be working with our customers and stakeholders to support the important work done by St Elizabeth Hospice in our community.
“Through social events like the quiz night, we encourage colleagues to take part in fun activities which also help to raise funds for worthwhile causes in our communities.
You may also want to watch:
“Our aims are to be good neighbours in our communities whilst at the same time creating a great place to work.”
Next year ABP are taking part in Elmer’s Big Parade, which looks to raise hundreds of thousands for the hospice.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 4 ‘Totally unacceptable’ - Cladding fears for Waterfront blocks near Aurora
- 5 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 8 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today