Babies are a real bonny pair
THESE two cuties are the toast of Suffolk today after the adorable duo melted the hearts of Star readers.Toddlers Harry Whitman and Ellena Old beat off stiff competition from nearly 200 other youngsters in The Evening Star's annual Bonny Baby contest.
THESE two cuties are the toast of Suffolk today after the adorable duo melted the hearts of Star readers.
Toddlers Harry Whitman and Ellena Old beat off stiff competition from nearly 200 other youngsters in The Evening Star's annual Bonny Baby contest.
Their parents can now look forward to a framed canvas with a photograph of their little one, worth £170, plus £100 of Asda vouchers to spend in the Goddard Road store.
For 15-month-old Harry, it is the second year running he has won top prize.
Proud dad Paul, 44, said: “It's fantastic.
“He's such a happy little soul - he smiles at absolutely everybody.
- 1 Swimming pool at primary school open again after two years
- 2 Baby porpoise washes up at Suffolk beach
- 3 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 7 walks in Suffolk with a stunning view
- 6 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 7 Road closed as emergency services attend two-vehicle crash
- 8 Warning after spate of catalytic converter thefts
- 9 Revealed: All the places crimes were reported in Ipswich in April
- 10 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
“You always want the best for your children, so we are really pleased.
“We showed him his picture when it appeared in the Star and he recognised himself. In fact, he took the paper and crawled off with it!
“He doesn't really understand that he's won again, but he will when he's a bit older.”
Sarah, mother of pretty 21-month-old Ellena, was also overjoyed at her daughter's award.
The 22-year-old full-time mum, who is expecting again, said: “I was surprised but it's good news.
“Ellena loves being in the paper and when I showed her she was able to pick herself out.
“Because I am pregnant again, the vouchers will come in handy.”
Parents were invited into Tower Ramparts last month to have their tiny tots' picture taken by a professional snapper from Premier Promotions.
The images were then printed in the Star and votes were cast for the bonniest little boy and little girl.
Evening Star marketing and promotions manager Sue Gipps said this year's contest had been the best yet.
“I am absolutely delighted with the response,” she said.
“We had 192 entries and more than 2,000 votes, which makes this year's competition the biggest ever.”
What do you think of our bonny babies? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org