Baby born in car park
IPSWICH Hospital car park is fast resembling a maternity ward - after the second express delivery in three weeks.Susan Daniels did not even make it out of the car, giving birth to baby Kyle in the front seat of a neighbour's Ford Mondeo.
IPSWICH Hospital car park is fast resembling a maternity ward - after the second express delivery in three weeks.
Susan Daniels did not even make it out of the car, giving birth to baby Kyle in the front seat of a neighbour's Ford Mondeo.
Kyle joined little Ella Gibbons in the car park posse – she was born just outside the maternity block on September 17.
It is just a two-mile drive from the Daniels family home in Morland Road to Ipswich Hospital, but it seems little Kyle was in more of a rush than his mum.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "My waters broke in Kings Way and by the time we got to Bixley Road roundabout the head was out.
"My neighbour was asking if we should stop, but I just told her to keep going. I phoned the hospital on the way and there was a midwife waiting when we pulled up.
- 1 Man caught in Ipswich park paedophile sting jailed for more than two years
- 2 Ipswich teenage boy arrested over stabbing
- 3 Ipswich lorry drivers raise a glass as haulage firm launches in-house watering hole
- 4 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 5 Should buses be kept out of Ipswich's Upper Brook Street?
- 6 Woman accused of fraudulently giving £75k to son while bankrupt
- 7 Farmland 'years away' from development, says builder
- 8 Central Ipswich office tower could be converted into more than 100 flats
- 9 Power cuts in Ipswich leave businesses closed
- 10 Five of the best places to cure your hangover in Ipswich
"It was like 'whoof' and there he was. My husband turned up five minutes later, he'd missed it all.
"Kyle's my third child. The first took 11 ½ hours, the second was 2 ½, but I think I prefer the five minute birth.
"I'm not having any more, I might not even make it to the car."
Bakery worker husband Tim was on a night shift while the drama unfolded. Mrs Daniels made her first call to the hospital at 9.30pm on Thursday, but was told not to worry.
At 9.55pm the pains had got much worse and she summoned next door neighbour Kirsten Crane.
They jumped in the car and little Kyle was born a healthy 7lb 10oz just 20 minutes later.
Mrs Daniels said: "I might a right old mess of her car. It's a top-of-the-range Mondeo with leather seats, so I don't do things by halves."
Mr Daniels said the whole episode had left him in a daze. He said: "I just can't believe it.
"The whole thing feels like a blur at the moment because it happened so fast.
"My wife called me just before 10pm and I set out for the hospital. I got there and there he was.
"He's been asleep more or less ever since."
9.55pm Morland Road – Mrs Daniels calls the hospital and jumps in the car.
Kings Way – there's no holding back as Mrs Daniels' waters break.
Bixley Road roundabout – little Kyle is obviously in a hurry as the baby's head appears.
10.15pm – Kyle delivered in Ipswich Hospital car park.