Back specialists to give talk
A PSYSIOTHERAPIST and a clinical psychologist who both specialise in the treatment of back pain, are to give a talk on March 21. Members of the Ipswich Back Pain Fellowship have held their first annual general meeting at Ipswich Hospital.
By Tracey Sparling
A PSYSIOTHERAPIST and a clinical psychologist who both specialise in the treatment of back pain, are to give a talk on March 21.
Members of the Ipswich Back Pain Fellowship have held their first annual general meeting at Ipswich Hospital.
Fellowship president David Sharp, consultant orthopaedic surgeon at Ipswich Hospital, marked the first anniversary by giving a talk on the anatomy and physiology of the back.
The Fellowship helps alleviate apprehension and fear for members, and they can hear at first hand from medical experts and learn how they might cope better.
There is also a library of books on aspects of back pain and guides to alternative therapies, as well as equipment for members to try out at home. Hydrotherapy sessions can be arranged if there is enough interest.
- 1 School submits plan to turn site into 7 homes
- 2 Boy, 14, injured in altercation near Ipswich primary school
- 3 Severe delays on A14 outside Ipswich after vehicle sheds turf on road
- 4 Missing Ipswich man found safe
- 5 Police hunting two men with Suffolk links after cannabis farm discovered
- 6 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 7 Aging gas main replacement works begin around Ipswich
- 8 Victim bundled into car and hit with hammer, robbery and kidnap trial hears
- 9 Ipswich teen accused of brandishing machete tells court it was a plastic toy
- 10 'I just don't operate that way' - Town owner Steed tells it straight on first visit
The Fellowship holds regular meetings on the third Thursday of every month except for July, August and December.
The meetings are held in the Education Centre at Ipswich Hospital, starting at 7.30pm.
For details call chairman, David Waller, on 01473 725108.