Back to jail for Tesco thief who swigged vodka in toilets and smashed up spice rack
A shoplifter who swigged from a stolen bottle of vodka in the toilets of a supermarket is back behind bars a week after leaving jail.
Jake Crawford set off alarms by entering the toilets at the Copdock Tesco with a bottle of Russian Standard Vodka.
He re-emerged having drank some of the spirit, and when confronted, began "shouting and swearing".
The 21-year-old's aggression turned to criminal damage when he pulled over a display of herbs and spices.
Crawford, of no fixed address, had 49 offences to his name before admitting theft and criminal damage on Wednesday, including jail time for theft and assaulting a police constable on November 16.
You may also want to watch:
He was also serving a suspended sentence, handed down three days earlier, for theft and racial abuse.
Solicitor Jeremy Kendall called him a "young man with problems masking deeper psychological problems".
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 8 15-year-old boy to face trial over alleged Ipswich stabbing
- 9 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot
He was jailed for 10 weeks and fined £232.50.