Ball raises thousands for hospice
A WHOPPING £57,000 has been raised to help sick people in Suffolk.St Elizabeth Hospice held a charity ball for 250 people last month which collected the cash thanks to generous donations and a successful auction.
A WHOPPING £57,000 has been raised to help sick people in Suffolk.
St Elizabeth Hospice held a charity ball for 250 people last month which collected the cash thanks to generous donations and a successful auction.
The money will now go towards helping the hospice with its day-to-day running costs.
Sally Hewetson, trustee with St Elizabeth Hospice, said: “It's absolutely amazing. Never in our wildest dreams did we hope too raise that much. It's fantastic.
“We have to raise so much money every year just to keep going but we've never raised this much before.
“The generosity of people who came was wonderful.”
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 5 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
- 6 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 7 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 8 Open day for Ipswich pub on sale for £300,000
- 9 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
What do you think? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org