Banned trucker jailed for 10 months
A FELIXSTOWE lorry driver who was banned from the road has been jailed for a string of offences.Stephen Dowling, who was disqualified from driving, used another man's license to secure work with R & L Limited of Felixstowe.
A FELIXSTOWE lorry driver who was banned from the road has been jailed for a string of offences.
Stephen Dowling, who was disqualified from driving, used another man's license to secure work with R & L Limited of Felixstowe.
He then took an articulated lorry without the company's consent to Belgium where it was used for a money making venture.
Ipswich Crown Court heard that on returning to Dover the lorry was stopped and police discovered that Dowling, 41, of Runnacles Way, was banned from driving for six years. He was also uninsured.
You may also want to watch:
The court heard that six days later Dowling went to his former girlfriend's Felixstowe house and broke in, damaging the door.
Dowling pleaded guilty to obtaining property by deception, taking a vehicle without the owner's consent, driving while disqualified, having no insurance and causing criminal damage.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 3 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 4 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 5 Hail, thunder and gusty winds forecast for Suffolk
- 6 Pub bosses hope for 'return to normality' as Covid cases fall in Ipswich
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 9 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 10 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
Mr Recorder, Neil Garnham QC, sentenced Dowling to a total of 10 months in prison and banned him from driving for four years.