Battle of the Bands event at Orwell Park School near Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Pupils formed their own rival rock bands in a music competition at Orwell Park School near Ipswich.
More than 70 students swapped their usual classical music instruments for guitars and drums in the ‘Battle of the Bands’ show before half-term.
From slow rock to dance music, the students, aged from seven to 12, wowed teachers and parents at the event.
A school spokesman said: “All of the pupils are encouraged to learn to play the instrument of their choice. They play most of the instruments of the orchestra to a high level.
“Once a year the pupils forget the classical music and are encouraged to form their own rock band to compete with their friends and classmates.
“School uniform is abandoned for the night and anything goes, from rock anthems to slow rock dance music.
“This year over 70 musicians took part and a great and noisy time was enjoyed by all.”
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 3 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 4 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 5 Dog rescued from flat fire
- 6 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 8 'Vile violation of trust' - son hits out after carer stole £1,700 from mum
- 9 A14 closed overnight as lorry overturns in multi-vehicle pile up
- 10 Politicians make Ipswich a third division town