BBC Radio Suffolk presenter Luke Deal makes it into Guinness Book of Records
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich radio presenter and lifelong ABBA fan has made it into the Guinness Book of Records.
BBC Radio Suffolk’s Luke Deal, who lives in Colchester, recognised 15 songs by the Swedish pop group within just 60 seconds live on air.
He competed against nine other DJs at radio stations across the country but was a frontrunner from the start – managing to identify several songs in the first few seconds.
Now his name and record has been printed in the official book.
Reacting to the news, he said: “I am just completely gobsmacked.
“I never expected to be in the actual book – as I said on air earlier today the only book I’ve ever been in is the phone book so I’m over the moon.
“I’ve been a big fan ever since 1976 – I didn’t do much research for the challenge because I know most of the song lyrics.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 2 New independent baby shop opens in Ipswich
- 3 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
- 4 Man used drawstring from JD Sports bag to drag woman to the ground
- 5 Goat dies and ponies injured after dog attack
- 6 'Fresh and timeless' Greek cuisine comes to Ipswich
- 7 Final homes in 75-house development to go on sale
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 Suffolk man collapsed at friend's home
- 10 Man was allegedly battered to death in Ipswich guest house, jury hears
“But I never expected to win.”
Popular hits Dancing Queen and I Have a Dream were among Luke’s correct answers.