BBC Radio Suffolk presenter Luke Deal makes it into Guinness Book of Records
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich radio presenter and lifelong ABBA fan has made it into the Guinness Book of Records.
BBC Radio Suffolk’s Luke Deal, who lives in Colchester, recognised 15 songs by the Swedish pop group within just 60 seconds live on air.
He competed against nine other DJs at radio stations across the country but was a frontrunner from the start – managing to identify several songs in the first few seconds.
Now his name and record has been printed in the official book.
Reacting to the news, he said: “I am just completely gobsmacked.
You may also want to watch:
“I never expected to be in the actual book – as I said on air earlier today the only book I’ve ever been in is the phone book so I’m over the moon.
“I’ve been a big fan ever since 1976 – I didn’t do much research for the challenge because I know most of the song lyrics.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 5 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 6 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 7 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 8 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 9 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 10 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
“But I never expected to win.”
Popular hits Dancing Queen and I Have a Dream were among Luke’s correct answers.