Contractors protect ice cream kiosk in seaside beach repair work
- Credit: RICHARD CORNWELL
Work is taking place to repair sections of Felixstowe beach ready for the spring and summer season.
Contractors hired by East Suffolk Council have been tackling erosion beneath the Peter's Ice Cream kiosk at the bottom of Bent Hill.
The kiosk alongside the prom in Undercliff Road West had been partly cordoned off after high tides washed away sand and shingle from its base, leaving it in a precarious position. Diggers have now restored the beach levels to ensure the facility can reopen safely.
Next to the pier work has taken place to address a drop in beach level, and further south work has been carried out to repair the promenade after stormy seas smashed and lifted out a huge concrete slab from the walkway.
Meanwhile, beach hut owners have been undertaking repairs to the chalets' wooden stands on the shore in Undercliff Road East.
You may also want to watch:
This is ready for the beach huts currently stored for the winter on the prom opposite the Fludyers to be lifted back onto their stands for the summer next month.
- 1 'A bridge too far' - Crane Sports boss Radnor speaks out as club pull out of League
- 2 Bar linked to ‘serious crime’ can re-open weeks after licence suspended
- 3 Ipswich hairdressers hoping to transform lives at new town centre salon
- 4 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 5 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 6 Drug line 'marketing manager' jailed for role in £33k-a-month dealing operation
- 7 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 8 'Blue sky thinking' needed to turn Suffolk fortress into tourist attraction
- 9 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 10 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut