Bedfordshire: Man dies after gilder crashes into field
A MAN died after the glider he was flying crashed into a Bedfordshire field on Monday.
Emergency services went to the scene, off Harling Road in Eaton Bray, after a call from a member of the public just after 2.30pm.
The man was a member of the London Gliding Club in Dunstable, the club confirmed.
Ambulance crews attended, with an air ambulance, but he was pronounced dead at the scene.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “First and foremost our thoughts are firmly with the man’s family at this tragic time.
“It was evident that nothing could be done on our arrival and the man was pronounced dead shortly after.”
Bedfordshire Police said they were alerted by the ambulance service just after 2.30pm.
- 1 Boy, 14, injured in altercation near Ipswich primary school
- 2 School submits plan to turn site into 7 homes
- 3 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 4 Body of woman found in river in Hadleigh
- 5 Staff shortages hit 98% of firms, including Suffolk hotels and restaurants
- 6 Missing Ipswich man found safe
- 7 Ipswich entrepreneur to appear on ITV show
- 8 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 9 Suffolk woman describes 'brutal, shocking' unprovoked train attack
- 10 Police hunting two men with Suffolk links after cannabis farm discovered
Police set up a road block in the area.
A force spokeswoman confirmed the Air Accidents Investigation Branch had launched an investigation.