Better by design
UCS Design auction proves a big success
An auction of international design organised by students at UCS at the Waterfront on Wednesday raised more than £3,000.
Following the success of last year’s inaugural International Design Auction, a team of BA (Hons) Graphic Design and Illustration students at Universiy Campus Suffolk have once again took up the challenge to raise funds for their end of year degree show by organising an auction of world class graphic design pieces.
Many individual pieces of work had been donated to support the event.
The even showcased the work of great and influential graphic designers from across the globe, including pieces contributed by world class designers such as Stefan Sagmeister and Milton Glaser. Amongst the most celebrators graphic designers, Glaser has donated his most celebrated work, the iconic I ? NY trademark to the auction.
You may also want to watch:
It included a number of signed design books, posters and illustrations ideal for artists, enthusiasts and collectors alike.
The auctioneer was Russell Walker, graphic design course leader.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 4 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 5 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 6 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 7 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 8 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 9 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 10 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am