Big Brother star for the Spa
VOTE Les!That was the rallying cry from Felixstowe Spa Pavilion today as it was announced the Celebrity Big Brother star, who will leave the infamous house tonight, will appear at the theatre next year.
That was the rallying cry from Felixstowe Spa Pavilion today as it was announced the Celebrity Big Brother star, who will leave the infamous house tonight, will appear at the theatre next year.
Les Dennis is set to take to the stage at the seafront theatre on May 14 next year and tickets for the show are on sale now.
The comedian, actor, television presenter and game show host will provide an evening of comedy looking back on a career spanning 30 years – and he promises there will not a Mavis impression in sight.
In the meantime Les, who was born and brought up in Liverpool, is enduring the last few hours of incarceration in the Big Brother house into which he stepped nine days ago.
Though this series has had none of the excitement of the first Celebrity Big Brother in which Vanessa Feltz frantically wrote on the house table and Jack Dee tried to escape, Les has been the main focus of the programme.
- 1 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 2 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 3 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 4 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 5 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 6 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 7 Man, 25, threatened to kill ex-partner with wrench, court hears
- 8 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 9 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 10 Man dragged former partner from car and kicked her in assault
The nation watched as he formed an unlikely comedy duo with DJ Goldie, the first housemate to be evicted, and then saw him seemingly deteriorate under a desire to be liked and the guilt of nominating his fellow housemates.
But throughout his nine days in the house at Elstree Studios, near London, Les has appeared candidly honest. He has repeatedly opened up to Goldie, Sue Perkins, Melinda Messenger, Anne Diamond and Mark Owen about many of his insecurities, his marriage to actress Amanda Holden and her affair with Men Behaving Badly's Neil Morrissey.
It has endeared him to the nation as a result and made him many people's favourite to win this latest series of Celebrity Big Brother, although there are concerns over his perceived erratic behaviour from some quarters.
The result is announced tonight as to which of the three remaining housemates will follow in the footsteps of last year's winner Jack Dee.
Whether he wins or not, however, Les remains one of Britain's most well known entertainers. Until recently he was host of ITV1's Family Fortunes but has enjoyed other television shows including Give Your Mate A Break and The Les Dennis Laughter Show. He has also enjoyed success as an actor on stage and screen.
n Les Dennis will be at the Felixstowe Spa Pavilion on May 14 next year. Tickets are on sale now priced £14.50 and £12.50 and are available from the theatre box office or by calling 01394 282126.
n The winner of Celebrity Big Brother 2 will be announced tonight live on Channel 4.