Big family returns for annual picnic
A LARGE family has returned to an Ipswich park after 25 years of traditional annual picnics.The Cunningham family held their first family picnic at Christchurch Park in 1977, but returned with an extended family this weekend.
A LARGE family has been holding a picnic in the same Ipswich park for the last 25 years.
The Cunningham family held their first family picnic at Christchurch Park in 1977, but returned with an extended family this weekend.
Janet Read, 67, who has remarried, led the party celebrations as many of her seven children, 21 grandchildren, three brothers and their wives sat down for their traditional picnic.
"It's a fun day and we all enjoy it. It's traditional and a good way to get together. We play rounders and all sorts of things and this year I have got a quiz," said Mrs Read, of Paper Mill Lane, Bramford.
You may also want to watch:
The youngest of the Cunningham clan Cora, 4, Mrs Read's granddaughter and the oldest Dennis Francis, 69, Mrs Read's brother, sat down in their garden chairs and ground rugs, ready for a day of fun and food including a 25th celebration cake decorated with fondant teddy bears.
Members of the family had travelled from as far as Belgium, York and Southampton for the party.
- 1 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 3 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 4 New Starbucks drive thru set to open in Ipswich
- 5 Man charged with assault after police officer punched in the face
- 6 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 7 Get lost in two sunflower mazes at this Suffolk farm
- 8 Suspect in Victoria Hall murder case still being questioned by police
- 9 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 10 Go-ahead secured for new hotel near Ipswich Town ground