Big family returns for annual picnic
A LARGE family has returned to an Ipswich park after 25 years of traditional annual picnics.The Cunningham family held their first family picnic at Christchurch Park in 1977, but returned with an extended family this weekend.
A LARGE family has been holding a picnic in the same Ipswich park for the last 25 years.
The Cunningham family held their first family picnic at Christchurch Park in 1977, but returned with an extended family this weekend.
Janet Read, 67, who has remarried, led the party celebrations as many of her seven children, 21 grandchildren, three brothers and their wives sat down for their traditional picnic.
"It's a fun day and we all enjoy it. It's traditional and a good way to get together. We play rounders and all sorts of things and this year I have got a quiz," said Mrs Read, of Paper Mill Lane, Bramford.
You may also want to watch:
The youngest of the Cunningham clan Cora, 4, Mrs Read's granddaughter and the oldest Dennis Francis, 69, Mrs Read's brother, sat down in their garden chairs and ground rugs, ready for a day of fun and food including a 25th celebration cake decorated with fondant teddy bears.
Members of the family had travelled from as far as Belgium, York and Southampton for the party.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 3 Police identify man in CCTV images after 'spitting' incident
- 4 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 5 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 6 Felixstowe man found with child porn given suspended sentence
- 7 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 8 Could restaurant move into closed Little Waitrose in Ipswich?
- 9 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 10 South African man jailed for stalking wife in Suffolk after they separated