Anger as You Me At Six and Circa Waves mysteriously dropped from IP1 Live line-up
- Credit: Archant
Outraged fans have demanded answers after two big-name bands – including one headliner – were mysteriously dropped from the line-up of an Ipswich festival.
You Me At Six and Circa Waves will no longer perform at the inaugural IP1 Live event, which is coming to Portman Road football ground on Friday, July 6 and Saturday, July 7.
Organisers have refused to confirm the reason for the last minute change, simply citing “circumstances beyond our control”.
The two acts were due to play on Saturday, with You Me At Six headlining and Circa Waves supporting.
Prices have now been lowered for that day and customers will be reimbursed the difference or can request a full refund.
Saturday will now only host local artists, including Samantha Harvey and JS & The Lockerbillies, and money will be raised for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH).
There have been no amendments to the 1980s inspired event on Friday.
- 1 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 2 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 3 Revealed: All the places crimes were reported in Ipswich in April
- 4 Tributes paid to 'calm and caring' grassroots football stalwart 'Mr Exiles'
- 5 Popular Ipswich motorcycle show to return for 30th year
- 6 Swimming pool at primary school open again after two years
- 7 'They saved our boy's life' - Fundraiser for hospital that helped little Rocco
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 7 walks in Suffolk with a stunning view
- 10 Baby porpoise washes up at Suffolk beach
Customers were informed about the change via email and were told they could get a full refund by replying.
However, fuel was added to the fire when ticket-holders found the message was sent from a no-reply account.
The email read: “Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control, You Me At Six and Circa Waves are no longer performing.”
The announcement was also made on the IP1 Live social media pages.
Fans responded with frustration and called for a further explanation as to why the bands had been dropped.
One person wrote: “I paid over £100 pound for these tickets! And only because You Me At Six are my favourite band, will I get a full refund?”
A ticket-holder told this newspaper: “I was really surprised and gutted to hear that You Me At Six would no longer be performing at IP1 Live as I was really looking forward to the summer festival.
“I have seen You Me At Six perform twice before and they were incredible so it is a big loss for Ipswich.”
An Ipswich Town Football Club spokesman said: “Circumstances dictated that the line up for the Saturday had to change and the focus has now gone on promoting local bands. Full refunds are available to those who purchased for the original line up.”
Anyone with ticket queries can contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit: www.seetickets.com/customerservice