Bin fire in town centre
FIRE crews were today called to a wheelie bin fire in Ipswich town centre.The fire started at 12.34am next to Waikiki's bar and restaurant in Arcade Street.
FIRE crews were today called to a wheelie bin fire in Ipswich town centre.
The fire started at 12.34am next to Waikiki's bar and restaurant in Arcade Street.
Fire damaged a small section of the side of the building and scorched the brickwork up to the roof.
Despite the blaze breaking out behind Primark clothing store, that building was not effected by the fire.
You may also want to watch:
Ashley Wheelhouse, manager of Primark said: "There is no damage to our building.
"Some bins were set alight but we do not know all the facts.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 4 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 5 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 6 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 7 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 8 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 9 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 10 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
"We are open as normal today and all you can see outside the back of the store is a bit of scorching on the floor."
One fire engine dealt with the fire which was put out by 1.19am.