Bin fire in town centre
FIRE crews were today called to a wheelie bin fire in Ipswich town centre.The fire started at 12.34am next to Waikiki's bar and restaurant in Arcade Street.
FIRE crews were today called to a wheelie bin fire in Ipswich town centre.
The fire started at 12.34am next to Waikiki's bar and restaurant in Arcade Street.
Fire damaged a small section of the side of the building and scorched the brickwork up to the roof.
Despite the blaze breaking out behind Primark clothing store, that building was not effected by the fire.
Ashley Wheelhouse, manager of Primark said: "There is no damage to our building.
"Some bins were set alight but we do not know all the facts.
- 1 Six arrested following two incidents involving knives in Ipswich
- 2 Application submitted for new store in Ipswich
- 3 Drug dealers jailed after police seize cocaine from van and home
- 4 Missing 17-year-old girl found safe and well
- 5 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 6 When and where will the thunderstorms hit Suffolk?
- 7 'My darling boy' - Mum's tribute to six-month-old baby who died after crash
- 8 Go-ahead for business park project that could create 350 jobs in Ipswich
- 9 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 10 Two men spit at victim and demand money near Ipswich Waterfront
"We are open as normal today and all you can see outside the back of the store is a bit of scorching on the floor."
One fire engine dealt with the fire which was put out by 1.19am.