Birkett’s in Ipswich unveils Steam Punk Pig ahead of Pigs Gone Wild trail
- Credit: Archant
Staff at Ipswich-based law firm Birketts are welcoming a new member to the team ahead of the Pigs Gone Wild art trail - Steam Punk Pig.
The team unveiled their entry into the town centre project, which is raising money for St Elizabeth Hospice, earlier this week.
Nigel Farthing, senior partner at Birketts said: “We’re delighted to support the Pigs Gone Wild project and Steam Punk Pig will proudly feature outside our head office in Museum Street.
“Our Norwich office previously sponsored ‘Bling Kong’ as part of the GoGoGorillas! exhibition in Norwich so we know what a buzz Wild in Art public animal sculptures can create.”
From June 27-September 2, the Pigs Gone Wild art trail will see a number of pig sculptures displayed around the town centre and waterfront as part of the biggest mass participation public art event Suffolk has ever seen.
You may also want to watch:
Norman Lloyd, Pigs Gone Wild project manager, said: “We’re thrilled that Birketts have signed up to be part of our piggy project and we’re sure their pig will be hugely popular.
“We’re expecting people to come from far and wide to see the amazing sculptures on the trail...make sure you put the date in your diary now so you don’t miss the colourful extravaganza!”
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 7 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 8 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 9 Ipswich train services cancelled due to signalling system fault
- 10 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
The Birketts’ pig can be followed on Twitter at @SteamPunkPig for some piggy-pun fun, including #PigKaraoke which proved a hit with followers.
For more news on Pigs Gone Wild, clear here.