Blast man recovering in hospital
A MAN injured in a huge factory blaze was in a “critical” but stable condition in hospital today.The 55-year-old, who suffered serious burns in a blast at Wardle Storey's manufacturing plant in Brantham, is still being treated in a specialist burns unit in Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford.
A MAN injured in a huge factory blaze was in a “critical” but stable condition in hospital today.
The 55-year-old, who suffered serious burns in a blast at Wardle Storey's manufacturing plant in Brantham, is still being treated in a specialist burns unit in Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford.
Factory owners are trying to determine what caused the blast, which sparked an emergency operation involving more than 40 firefighters from Suffolk and Essex, ambulance crews, the air ambulance and police officers.
A spokeswoman for the Health and Safety Executive said last night: “The Health and Safety Executive is investigating the incident and inspectors have been on site.”
Do you know the man involved? Have you got a message of support for him or his family? Contact The Evening Star newsdesk on 01473 324789 or email email@example.com.
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 3 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 4 Dog rescued from flat fire
- 5 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 6 Wallet and cash stolen as two more cars have windows smashed in in Ipswich
- 7 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 8 Delays on Orwell Bridge after fire crews called to 'smoke coming from vehicle'
- 9 Major road into Ipswich partially blocked after three-vehicle crash
- 10 Women suffers leg injuries after crash on village road outside Ipswich