Blaze at Sweet P’s restaurant in Ipswich will cause week-long closure
- Credit: Archant
Four fire crews tackled a blaze in the kitchen of a soul food restaurant on Upper Orwell Street, Ipswich.
The fire broke out at Sweet P’s around 12.15pm after the deep fat fryer caught alight.
Sweet P, who owns the restaurant, said: “We’re out of action at the moment, but we’re aiming to be up and running by next weekend.
“We were just about to start for lunch and I turned around and saw the fire.”
The restaurant planned to release a new menu next week but will have to delay it until the damage is repaired.
“I’m looking at it as a relaunch and refurb,” he added. “The fire service did a good job. I’m happy with what they’ve done.”
Suffolk police officers also attended to divert traffic along Upper Barclay Street.
- 1 Lido cash bid could get restoration of much-loved pool underway
- 2 All four wheels stolen from BMW car parked outside home
- 3 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 4 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 5 Line-up announced for Ipswich library's music event
- 6 Village set for 33 new homes after planners approve project
- 7 'Tons' of water leaking from burst water main as people urged to avoid road
- 8 Revealed: The latest Covid rates in every Suffolk neighbourhood
- 9 7 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 Travel: Our night at boutique hotel with rooftop bar and incredible views
The fire was extinguished by 1pm.