Blaze in kitchen of sheltered housing complex Emily Bray House in Ipswich
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
Crews were called to a kitchen fire in a sheltered housing complex earlier this evening.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service sent two appliances to Emily Bray House in Woodbridge Road at around 5.30pm.
A fire had started in a flat, with an alarm alerting crews. A spokeswoman for the emergency service said a hose reel was used to extinguish the fire and a fan to remove smoke.
No one was hurt in the fire, which was under control by 6.05pm, she added.