Blaze in thatched cottage

FIRE crews from Suffolk and Essex were called to a thatch fire in Stoke-by-Nayland.The blaze, at Scotland Hall Barn, in Scotland Street, started just before 6.

FIRE crews from Suffolk and Essex were called to a thatch fire in Stoke-by-Nayland.

The blaze, at Scotland Hall Barn, in Scotland Street, started just before 6.30pm on Saturday and involved a small area of thatch around a chimney stack.

The fire took around an hour to put out.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter