Body found in burnt out car at Suffolk beauty spot
A DEAD body found in a burnt out car today is not being treated as suspicious, police claim.
A POPULAR wildlife park in Suffolk has been sealed off after a dead body was found in a burnt out car this morning.
Forensic teams are carrying out investigations at Lackford Lakes, near Bury St Edmunds after a staff member made the grisly discovery at about 8.30am.
He reported that he had found a burnt out car next to the visitor centre with a body inside the vehicle.
Police have cordoned off the main entrance to the park from the A1101 and all entrances for walkers have been sealed with police tape.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said a full investigation was taking place and the death was currently being treated as unexplained.
Anyone with information about the incident should call Bury CID on 01473 613500.
- 1 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood