Body found in car
POLICE were called to remove a body from a car in a remote Suffolk lane today after a man died in a suspected suicide.The grim discovery was made by a member of the public, 200 yards down a track opposite Shop Road in Clopton.
POLICE were called to remove a body from a car in a remote Suffolk lane today after a man died in a suspected suicide.
The grim discovery was made by a member of the public, 200 yards down a track opposite Shop Road in Clopton. Officers arrived at the scene at 6.45am.
Police taped off the entrance to the path – which is regularly used by dog walkers – until the man's body could be removed.
The F registered blue Metro was parked slightly off the track in a passing place next to a high hedge beyond which is the village hall.
The rural scene today was peaceful as motorists drove by on the main road which is the B1078 surrounded by fields of yellow rape seed, not realising the tragedy that had taken place nearby.
Its driver's seat had been left in the recline position and two police aware notices were stuck to its windows.
- 1 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 2 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 3 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 4 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 5 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 6 10 pictures of Ipswich pub's light switch-on
- 7 Ipswich Travelodge developer celebrates £7.4m bank backing
- 8 New gift card to encourage shoppers to use Ipswich town centre
- 9 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 10 'My son has never seen a health visitor' - Pandemic parents battle
A police spokeswoman said officers were called to the suspected suicide just before 6.40am, but investigations revealed there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding the event.
The man's next of kin are being informed today, and no details of his identity are being released.
One resident who declined to be named said: "It is very sad that somebody has done this, I saw the black ambulance come to take somebody away.
"We walked down there last night at 8.30pm and the car was not there then. I don't recognise it as local. It is a much used path, by dog walkers mainly."