Body found in car
POLICE were called to remove a body from a car in a remote Suffolk lane today after a man died in a suspected suicide.The grim discovery was made by a member of the public, 200 yards down a track opposite Shop Road in Clopton.
POLICE were called to remove a body from a car in a remote Suffolk lane today after a man died in a suspected suicide.
The grim discovery was made by a member of the public, 200 yards down a track opposite Shop Road in Clopton. Officers arrived at the scene at 6.45am.
Police taped off the entrance to the path – which is regularly used by dog walkers – until the man's body could be removed.
The F registered blue Metro was parked slightly off the track in a passing place next to a high hedge beyond which is the village hall.
You may also want to watch:
The rural scene today was peaceful as motorists drove by on the main road which is the B1078 surrounded by fields of yellow rape seed, not realising the tragedy that had taken place nearby.
Its driver's seat had been left in the recline position and two police aware notices were stuck to its windows.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 3 Police identify man in CCTV images after 'spitting' incident
- 4 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 5 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 6 Felixstowe man found with child porn given suspended sentence
- 7 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 8 Could restaurant move into closed Little Waitrose in Ipswich?
- 9 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 10 South African man jailed for stalking wife in Suffolk after they separated
A police spokeswoman said officers were called to the suspected suicide just before 6.40am, but investigations revealed there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding the event.
The man's next of kin are being informed today, and no details of his identity are being released.
One resident who declined to be named said: "It is very sad that somebody has done this, I saw the black ambulance come to take somebody away.
"We walked down there last night at 8.30pm and the car was not there then. I don't recognise it as local. It is a much used path, by dog walkers mainly."