Body found in river named
POLICE today named a man whose body was found in a Suffolk river.The body of 25-year-old Steven Howes, who was from Lockhart Road in Ellingham, Norfolk, was recovered from waterways at Bungay on Thursday.
POLICE today named a man whose body was found in a Suffolk river.
The body of 25-year-old Steven Howes, who was from Lockhart Road in Ellingham, Norfolk, was recovered from waterways at Bungay on Thursday.
A post mortem gave his cause of death as probable drowning, but further tests are being carried out to see if any other factors were involved.
An inquest into Mr Howes' death was today opened at Lowestoft police station and adjourned until September 30.
Police are not treating the death as suspicious.
- 1 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 2 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 3 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 4 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 5 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 6 Judge reassures town centre is 'open for business' after robbery trial
- 7 Major milestone marked as Ipswich Hospital south entrance reopens
- 8 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 9 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 10 Driver taken to hospital after two vehicle crash near Ipswich train station