‘It was a hell of a shock’ – dog walker finds man’s body in Ipswich river
- Credit: Archant
The body of a man has been discovered in the River Gipping in Ipswich.
Police were called at about 10.30am this morning to reports that a body had been discovered in the River Gipping near London Road, Ipswich.
Emergency services are currently on the scene and a police cordon is in place.
Enquiries are continuing into the circumstances of the incident.
A dog walker, who did not want to be named, made the discovery near a footpath behind Suffolk Retail Park.
You may also want to watch:
“I was walking my dog along the footpath behind Argos, Dunelm and The Range,” he said.
“It was a hell of a shock.”
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 6 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 7 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 8 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
- 9 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 10 HSBC announces temporary closure of Ipswich branch