Body found on Suffolk beach
LOWESTOFT police today recovered the body of a woman from the town's north beach.Police are at this stage treating the death as suspicious and are at the scene carrying out further investigations.
LOWESTOFT police today recovered the body of a woman from the town's north beach.
Police are at this stage treating the death as suspicious and are at the scene carrying out further investigations.
A member of the public, who had been out walking along the seafront, alerted police at about 9.15am after she discovered the woman's body close to Ness Point.
The identity of the woman is not yet known.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said they were unable to confirm whether the discovery was connected to the disappearance of Norfolk woman Susan Atkins whose car was found abandoned in the town yesterday.
The 51-year-old, of Old Market Place, Acle, has been missing for more than a week.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: See the three men locked up this week
- 5 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 6 Man to face trial over claims he sexually assaulted toddler in the street
- 7 Kesgrave Kitchen praised by local MP after 'fantastic' transformation
- 8 Man accused of burgling GP surgeries and pharmacy appears in court
- 9 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 10 Stroke survivor cut off from family in lockdown returns home
She was last seen by her husband last Thursday. She took no clothes or money with her, leaving in her burgundy Peugeot 106 with her handbag and mobile phone.