Body found on Suffolk beach
LOWESTOFT police today recovered the body of a woman from the town's north beach.Police are at this stage treating the death as suspicious and are at the scene carrying out further investigations.
LOWESTOFT police today recovered the body of a woman from the town's north beach.
Police are at this stage treating the death as suspicious and are at the scene carrying out further investigations.
A member of the public, who had been out walking along the seafront, alerted police at about 9.15am after she discovered the woman's body close to Ness Point.
The identity of the woman is not yet known.
A police spokeswoman said they were unable to confirm whether the discovery was connected to the disappearance of Norfolk woman Susan Atkins whose car was found abandoned in the town yesterday.
The 51-year-old, of Old Market Place, Acle, has been missing for more than a week.
- 1 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 2 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 3 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 4 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 5 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 6 Ipswich salon to offer free gent's haircut at Suffolk Show
- 7 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 8 Parking woes for shop parade hit by 'continous roadworks'
- 9 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 10 Driver taken to hospital after car crashes into parked vehicle
She was last seen by her husband last Thursday. She took no clothes or money with her, leaving in her burgundy Peugeot 106 with her handbag and mobile phone.