Body found on Suffolk beach
LOWESTOFT police today recovered the body of a woman from the town's north beach.Police are at this stage treating the death as suspicious and are at the scene carrying out further investigations.
LOWESTOFT police today recovered the body of a woman from the town's north beach.
Police are at this stage treating the death as suspicious and are at the scene carrying out further investigations.
A member of the public, who had been out walking along the seafront, alerted police at about 9.15am after she discovered the woman's body close to Ness Point.
The identity of the woman is not yet known.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said they were unable to confirm whether the discovery was connected to the disappearance of Norfolk woman Susan Atkins whose car was found abandoned in the town yesterday.
The 51-year-old, of Old Market Place, Acle, has been missing for more than a week.
- 1 Could Aldi closure prompt all change in Ipswich shops?
- 2 Aldi store on Ipswich estate 'set to close within weeks'
- 3 Can you spot yourself in our first class school pictures from 2002?
- 4 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 5 Gymophobics ladies' gym in Ipswich set to close down
- 6 Churches prepare to open at Quay Place and the former Odeon cinema
- 7 Four arrested after drug warrant carried out at Ipswich property
- 8 Cash and jewellery stolen after Ipswich home broken into
- 9 Patient visiting rules relaxed at Ipswich and Colchester hospitals
- 10 Mum praises trampoline park after changing rules for autistic son
She was last seen by her husband last Thursday. She took no clothes or money with her, leaving in her burgundy Peugeot 106 with her handbag and mobile phone.