Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old man's body was found in the River Orwell early today.
Officers were called shortly before 5.30am today (Wednesday, June 16), following reports of concern for the safety of a man.
Clothing was discovered on the Orwell Bridge, but police were not able to trace a person, so multi-agency searches commenced involving police, paramedics, Suffolk Fire and Rescue and the coastguard.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said it had provided drone support to assist in the search.
Following the searches, the body of a man was recovered from the River Orwell shortly after 7.40am.
The death is not being treated as suspicious. Police said next of kin have been told and a file will be prepared for the coroner in due course.
If you need help and support, call Norfolk and Suffolk Foundation Trust’s First Response helpline 0808 196 3494 or the Samaritans on 116 123.
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 3 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 4 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 5 Will Ipswich betting shop be turned into fish and chip shop?
- 6 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 7 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
- 8 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 9 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 10 Plans to close A14 truck stop slammed amid driver shortage
Both services are available 24 hours 7 days a week. You can also download the Stay Alive app on Apple and Android.