Body of missing woman is found
POLICE have called off their search for a missing woman from Kesgrave after her body was found in the river Deben.A coastguard found the body of 48-year-old Susan Gates Grimwood on Saturday afternoon in the river at Sutton.
POLICE have called off their search for a missing woman from Kesgrave after her body was found in the river Deben.
A coastguard found the body of 48-year-old Susan Gates Grimwood on Saturday afternoon in the river at Sutton.
The mother-of-two, from St Olaves Road, had not been seen since February 27 when she discharged herself from St Clements Hospital, in Ipswich.
She was last seen walking towards Woodbridge railway station after being dropped off by a taxi outside Deben swimming pool.
Formal identity of Mrs Gates Grimwood's body took place on Saturday evening.
The coroner has been informed of her death and an inquest will take place in due course.
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 3 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 4 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 5 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 6 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 7 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 8 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 9 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 10 House of Tweed leaves Ipswich after Christmas season
Police would like to thank those who helped out with their enquiries.