Bogus callers strike again
BOGUS callers posing as water board officials struck at a pensioner's home in Lowestoft today.Three people conned their way into the home of an elderly lady in Bridge Road, Oulton Broad just before 12.
By Amanda Cresswell
POLICE are today urging people to check the identification of charity collectors after a woman gave a donation to an unknown charity.
The woman in Wherstead Road, Ipswich, was called upon at about 9pm on Wednesday by a man claming he was collecting for a charity.
The woman handed over cash, and other residents in the road were also called upon but didn't donate as they felt the man was acting suspiciously.
The man was black, 6ft tall, with tightly-braided hair, wearing white clothes and a black and white bandana.
- 1 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 2 Kesgrave family move home to cope with 'crippling' cost of living
- 3 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 4 Armed police arrest two 16-year-olds on suspicion of firearms offences
- 5 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 6 'It's very frustrating': Anger as £150 stolen from charity shop in Felixstowe
- 7 10,000 listeners tune in to new Suffolk radio station
- 8 Ipswich cannabis dealer avoids immediate jail sentence
- 9 Delays on A14 after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
The man may be able to provide acceptable identification for the charity he is working for, and if this is the case police would like to hear from him."
Meanwhile, bogus callers posing as water board officials struck at a pensioner's home in Lowestoft yesterday.
Three people conned their way into the home of an elderly lady in Bridge Road, Oulton Broad just before 12.30pm. It was not confirmed whether anything was stolen.
The first man was described as in his 20s, 5ft 6ins tall, medium build with dark short neat hair.
He was wearing gloves.
He second was 5ft 8ins tall, of larger build and wearing dark clothing.
The third was 5ft 8ins and was believed to be wearing a waistcoat.
All three were smartly dressed.
Anyone with any information should contact Suffolk Police on 01473 613500.