Bogus callers target elderly
POLICE are investigating reports that two allegedly bogus callers are targeting elderly people on the Chantry estate in Ipswich.An 82-year-old woman of Robin Drive received a call from a man who said he was from the water board.
POLICE are investigating reports that two allegedly bogus callers are targeting elderly people on the Chantry estate in Ipswich.
An 82-year-old woman of Robin Drive received a call from a man who said he was from the water board.
While he was checking the water system and using the toilet, another man entered the house.
When the two men left, the woman realised money had been stolen.
You may also want to watch:
The incident happened between 3.45pm and 4.10pm on Friday.
A similar incident occurred in Robin Drive around 4.30pm on Friday when a man called upon an elderly couple, saying he was from the water board.
- 1 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 Man jailed for attacking teenage girl with saucepan and meat cleaver in Ipswich
- 4 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
- 5 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 6 Developer 'ecstatic' as multi-million pound town hotel gets green light
- 7 Ipswich man charged over alleged cocaine dealing
- 8 New streetfood restaurant set to open in Ipswich Corn Exchange
- 9 Couple avoid jail for campaign of harassment against neighbour
- 10 Man drove into ex-partner's parked car outside Gainsborough Labour and Social Club
When he was refused entry, he was joined by a second man and the two walked off.
An elderly couple in Curlew Road, Ipswich were also visited around 4pm.
The man said there was a water leak at a neighbouring property and that he needed to check their water pressure.
But when he was refused entry, a second man arrived and the two men then ran off down the road.
The first man in these incidents is described as white, between 5ft 10in and 6ft tall, aged 20-30 years, of slim build with dark hair.
The second man is described as white, around 5ft 6in tall, aged 20-30 years, of stocky build and with short dark hair.
Anyone who was in the area at the time of these incidents - or anyone who recognises the offenders - should call Dc Danny Mayhew at Ipswich CID on 01473 383133 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111