Bowling, laser quest and an amusement arcade are on their way to the Buttermarket in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A 12-lane bowling alley, a laser quest arena and a ‘ninja warrior’ style assault course are among the exciting entertainment announced to open at the Buttermarket Centre in Ipswich this August.
Superbowl UK has signed up to create a £1.8million, 25,000sq ft entertainment unit in the shopping complex next to the soon-to-open Empire Cinema which will also include a children’s indoor soft play centre, a lounge bar and diner and an amusement arcade.
The centre will join the already impressive line-up of entertainment and eateries at the Buttermarket, including the 12-screen Empire Cinema which is set to launch on Friday.
The centre will create 30 jobs in the town once it opens and the firm has committed to using local tradesmen to build it.
The centre is due to be fitted out over a 16-week development
Superbowl UK director Kate Quaintance-Blackford said: “We are really excited to be launching a brand-new centre in Ipswich.
“Buttermarket presents us with the opportunity to showcase our stylish and unique offerings, whilst delivering a high quality, customer-focused service at competitive prices.”
Andrew Wilcox, centre manager at the Buttermarket, said the new venue would enhance the entertainment offering at the new-look centre.
- 1 'From one family business to another' - Cattermole's changes hands
- 2 'This is all I've got' - Woman fighting to keep home where mum died
- 3 Teen fractured taxi driver's skull in 'shocking display of violence'
- 4 46-year-old man who died in Great Bealings crash named
- 5 Woman bit dog owner during dispute over not picking up mess
- 6 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 7 Suffolk entrepreneur Mike Lynch loses $5bn fraud case with Hewlett Packard
- 8 Felixstowe man to star on small screen with converted Mini Cooper
- 9 Burglar caught by family in 'bear hug' jailed for four years
- 10 Overturned vehicle partially blocking road near Ipswich
He said: “We are absolutely delighted Superbowl UK is coming to the Buttermarket,
“Superbowl UK is a reputable company who delivers family entertainment at its best, and we are very pleased that it has committed to the investment into Ipswich.
“The thing I like about it, and everything that has happened with our development, is we often see when a centre opens it takes things away from other parts of the town or city and you see big gaps in the shops in the town.
“So far everything we have got are new names in Ipswich.
“The introduction of Superbowl UK is not only fantastic for the Buttermarket, it is wonderful for the town as it is bringing new offerings to the whole town and not pulling businesses out.
“All in all, we are delighted.”
Superbowl UK is an independent, family run company which has been established for six years.
It currently operates centres in Newport, Merthyr Tydfil, Cardiff, Widnes, Macclesfield and Hull.