Boy, 11, robbed while riding his scooter in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
An 11-year-old boy was robbed by three teenagers as he rode his scooter through the Whitton area of Ipswich.
The victim was riding along Chaucer Road between 5.30pm and 6pm on Thursday, November 7, when he was approached by three older boys.
They asked him how much money he had on him and then demanded he hand over the cash.
The young boy felt threatened so handed over some loose change. One of the older boys then searched his rucksack, stealing a portable speaker he found inside.
The suspect who made the demands and searched the victim's bag is described as white, aged 15 to 16 and was wearing a black Nike tracksuit with the hood up.
You may also want to watch:
He also wore a dark-coloured scarf covering most of his face except the upper parts of his cheeks and eyes.
The two other boys are also described as white and aged between 15 and 16.
- 1 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 2 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 3 Delays expected at A14 Copdock Interchange
- 4 Fire marshals to patrol Waterfront block 24/7 and balconies could be removed
- 5 Burglars crept into Ipswich home while occupant was inside
- 6 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 7 'I love it' –shoppers and retailers hope Ipswich street closure is here to stay
- 8 Ipswich street closure could be made permanent under consultation plans
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Rogue trader steals money after offering to repair car
They were wearing grey Nike tracksuits with the hoods up.
Anyone with any information about this incident is asked to contact South CID at Suffolk police on 101, quoting crime reference 67684/19.