Bragg and Brooks are coming to town
ENTERTAINERS Billy Bragg and Elkie Brooks are to perform at Ipswich's Corn Exchange, it was announced today.
ENTERTAINERS Billy Bragg and Elkie Brooks are to perform at Ipswich's Corn Exchange, it has been announced.
Singer Elkie Brooks will play the venue on October 30.
A spokesman for the venue said: “Elkie Brooks is one of the most successful and popular singers the UK has ever produced and is still proving to be one of the most powerful and versatile vocal talents of our generation.
“With numerous hit singles, million selling albums and awards, her annual tours are a treat for fans old and new.”
Tickets are priced at £21.50.
Musician Billy Bragg will play the venue on November 26.
- 1 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 2 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 3 Tributes paid to 'calm and caring' grassroots football stalwart 'Mr Exiles'
- 4 Revealed: All the places crimes were reported in Ipswich in April
- 5 Most desirable places to live in Ipswich according to estate agents
- 6 Popular Ipswich motorcycle show to return for 30th year
- 7 Regent expansion project takes step forward as plans urged for approval
- 8 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers should be aware of this week
- 9 'They saved our boy's life' - Fundraiser for hospital that helped little Rocco
- 10 Swimming pool at primary school open again after two years
A Corn Exchange spokesman said: “In the two decades of his career Bragg has certainly made an indelible mark on the conscience of British music, becoming perhaps the most stalwart guardian of the radical dissenting tradition that stretches back over centuries of the country's political, cultural and social history.”
This year has seen the release of Billy's latest album, Mr Love and Justice, to critical acclaim.
He is renowned for his blend of folk music, punk rock and protest songs, which mostly deal with political or romantic themes. His music career has lasted more than 30 years.
Tickets are £16 and £14 for concessions.
For more details and to book tickets call the box office on 01473 433100.
Are you a fan of Billy or Elke? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org