Bramford: Man left paralysed after stabbing

A man seriously injured after violence broke out at a flat in Paper Mill Lane has been left paralysed, police said today.

The 30-year-old stabbing victim is still being treated in hospital two months after the incident which involved a large number of people at a flat in Rushbrook House, on the outskirts of Bramford.

The injured man lives in Norwich and is one of ten people currently under arrest.

At the time of the incident he was said to have sustained spinal and head injuries.

After he was hurt, three men who are also from Norwich are said to have helped him into a car and driven him to the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital.

Today, Lisa McGrann, a spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary, said: “I can confirm that the man is paralysed from the waist down as a result of the injuries he sustained and is still being treated in hospital.”

The ten people, who were arrested on suspicion of violence and assault following the incident, have had their bail extended as police continue their investigation.

Most Read

The suspects were all due to answer their police bails at various times this week, but these have now been extended to July 4, 5, and 7.

Police and paramedics were alerted to the incident just before 12.40am on March 27.

However, the alleged attack is said to have taken place more than an hour-and-a-half earlier.

Four men were taken to Ipswich Hospital for treatment, but were not believed to have been seriously hurt.

It is understood that Norfolk police were alerted following the arrival of the four men at the Norwich hospital. Officers then contacted Suffolk Constabulary informing them the men were believed to have been connected to an incident in Bramford.

Nine men and one woman are currently among those on bail

The female is aged 22 and from Bramford, along with five of the men whose ages are 18, 19, 20, 23, and 31.

The four suspects from Norwich are aged 22, 24, 29 and 30.

All the suspects are believed to be Lithuanian or of eastern European origin.

Rushbrook House, which has around 20 flats, was cordoned off throughout Sunday, March 28, as the police inquiry got under way.

The flats and car park are next to the headquarters of NHS Suffolk.