Bramford Road project getting there
ONE thousand pounds closer but still £70,000 to go!That was the appeal today from the Bramford Road New Community Centre Project after giving thanks to the Ipswich and Norwich Co-operative Society for its £1,000 gift.
ONE thousand pounds closer but still £70,000 to go!
That was the appeal today from the Bramford Road New Community Centre Project after giving thanks to the Ipswich and Norwich Co-operative Society for its £1,000 gift.
Co-op president, Beryl Fulcher went along to Bramford Road Methodist Church in Ipswich to see some of the young pre-school kiddies who will be among those benefiting from the new centre and handed over £1,000 to the fund.
Altogether the project needed £500,000 for the new community centre which will boast a sports hall, learning resource facilities and meeting and function rooms.
You may also want to watch:
The centre will be for all ages but particularly for young people who live in the area.
Ipswich Borough Council gave the project £100,000 and with other generous donations £435,000 has been received.
- 1 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 2 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 3 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 4 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 5 'My life is on hold' – Ipswich man's plea for life-changing surgery
- 6 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 7 Historic Waterfront church to be new Ipswich music venue
- 8 New Ipswich fine food store is back - and smoked eels prove a hit
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
The Co-op made its donation from the Community Dividend Fund which is supported by members who quote the society's charity number when making purchases instead adding divi to their own account.
If anyone else would like to help Bramford Road Methodist Church Project they are asked to contact appeal director, Tom Young on Ipswich 01473 464327.