Bramford Road project getting there
ONE thousand pounds closer but still £70,000 to go!That was the appeal today from the Bramford Road New Community Centre Project after giving thanks to the Ipswich and Norwich Co-operative Society for its £1,000 gift.
ONE thousand pounds closer but still £70,000 to go!
That was the appeal today from the Bramford Road New Community Centre Project after giving thanks to the Ipswich and Norwich Co-operative Society for its £1,000 gift.
Co-op president, Beryl Fulcher went along to Bramford Road Methodist Church in Ipswich to see some of the young pre-school kiddies who will be among those benefiting from the new centre and handed over £1,000 to the fund.
Altogether the project needed £500,000 for the new community centre which will boast a sports hall, learning resource facilities and meeting and function rooms.
The centre will be for all ages but particularly for young people who live in the area.
Ipswich Borough Council gave the project £100,000 and with other generous donations £435,000 has been received.
- 1 Ipswich residents' frustration over parking chaos
- 2 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
- 3 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 4 Baby and toddler retailer Mamas & Papas set for Ipswich return
- 5 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 6 'Severe' delays on A12 outside Ipswich after crash closes road
- 7 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
- 8 Man who stole over £1,000 in power tools jailed for 876 days
- 9 Tree works to begin after residents left 'fed up' for two years
- 10 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
The Co-op made its donation from the Community Dividend Fund which is supported by members who quote the society's charity number when making purchases instead adding divi to their own account.
If anyone else would like to help Bramford Road Methodist Church Project they are asked to contact appeal director, Tom Young on Ipswich 01473 464327.