Bramford Road project getting there
ONE thousand pounds closer but still £70,000 to go!That was the appeal today from the Bramford Road New Community Centre Project after giving thanks to the Ipswich and Norwich Co-operative Society for its £1,000 gift.
ONE thousand pounds closer but still £70,000 to go!
That was the appeal today from the Bramford Road New Community Centre Project after giving thanks to the Ipswich and Norwich Co-operative Society for its £1,000 gift.
Co-op president, Beryl Fulcher went along to Bramford Road Methodist Church in Ipswich to see some of the young pre-school kiddies who will be among those benefiting from the new centre and handed over £1,000 to the fund.
Altogether the project needed £500,000 for the new community centre which will boast a sports hall, learning resource facilities and meeting and function rooms.
You may also want to watch:
The centre will be for all ages but particularly for young people who live in the area.
Ipswich Borough Council gave the project £100,000 and with other generous donations £435,000 has been received.
- 1 Man jailed for attacking teenage girl with saucepan and meat cleaver in Ipswich
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 4 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 5 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
- 6 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 7 Ipswich bar forced to close early after staff attacked
- 8 Man drove into ex-partner's parked car outside Gainsborough Labour and Social Club
- 9 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 10 Developer 'ecstatic' as multi-million pound town hotel gets green light
The Co-op made its donation from the Community Dividend Fund which is supported by members who quote the society's charity number when making purchases instead adding divi to their own account.
If anyone else would like to help Bramford Road Methodist Church Project they are asked to contact appeal director, Tom Young on Ipswich 01473 464327.