Brantham crash victim dies
A YOUNG man has lost his fight for life following a road crash in Brantham.The pedestrian, who is in his 20s, suffered serious head and chest injuries after he and another man were struck by two cars on a lonely stretch of the A137 at just before 2am on Saturday.
By Georgina James
A YOUNG man has lost his fight for life following a road crash in Brantham.
The pedestrian, who is in his 20s, suffered serious head and chest injuries after he and another man were struck by two cars on a lonely stretch of the A137 at just before 2am on Saturday.
He died hours later on Saturday evening, a hospital spokeswoman said today.
Another man, also in his 20s, was taken to hospital with leg injuries after the crash on the Ipswich-bound carriageway near the Brantham Bull pub.
Suffolk police are appealing for anybody who witnessed the accident or who was in the area at the time to contact the traffic unit on 01473 613500.
- 1 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 2 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 3 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 4 Parking woes for shop parade hit by 'continous roadworks'
- 5 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 6 Driver taken to hospital after car crashes into parked vehicle
- 7 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 8 Ipswich salon to offer free gent's haircut at Suffolk Show
- 9 List of 18 rejected proposals to save Felixstowe beach huts revealed
- 10 Fuel spillage causes delays on busy Ipswich road after truck breaks down
Also over the weekend an elderly woman was airlifted to hospital following a two-vehicle road crash near Stowmarket.
The accident happened on Saturday morning on the B1113. Her injuries are not thought to be life-threatening but it is understood she suffered a broken leg in the crash.
The other driver was treated at the scene by paramedics but was not taken to hospital.
Fire crews from Stowmarket and Elmswell were called to the scene.
A motorist was also injured in an accident on the B1119 road between Saxmundham and Leiston shortly after 11am on Saturday. He was taken to Ipswich hospital but his injuries were not thought to be life-threatening.