British Sea Power back at festival
BRIGHTON-based indie rock band British Sea Power are to play at Suffolk's Latitude festival, it was announced today. The group will perform on the Friday in the festival's Obelisk Arena during the event which runs from July 17 to July 20 at Henham Park, near Southwold.
BRIGHTON-based indie rock band British Sea Power are to play at Suffolk's Latitude festival, it was announced today.
The group will perform on the Friday in the festival's Obelisk Arena during the event which runs from July 17 to July 20 at Henham Park, near Southwold.
Latitude music organiser Jon Dunn said: “Also coming to the Obelisk Arena are one of Britain's most exciting new bands - Foals.
“Their sound has been described as everything from 'technical math pop' to 'dancey indie punk' and their catchy songs will have festival goers dancing on the Sunday.
“Now in its third edition Latitude has defined its musical personality. It's music that is interesting and exciting. We have great bands, brilliant artists and the music that I love.
“I'm excited with our headliners for this year's festival and looking forward to announcing further great acts over the forthcoming weeks.”
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 3 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 4 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 5 Wallet and cash stolen as two more cars have windows smashed in in Ipswich
- 6 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 7 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 8 Delays on Orwell Bridge after fire crews called to 'smoke coming from vehicle'
- 9 Dog rescued from flat fire
- 10 Major road into Ipswich partially blocked after three-vehicle crash
Latitude organisers have also announced New York band Blondie are also joining the line up and will perform in the festival's Uncut Arena on the Sunday.
Mr Dunn said: “Their set promises to be a veritable romp through their classics as they belt out some of the best pop/punk hits in musical history such as 'Atomic', 'Rapture', 'One Way Or Another' and 'Maria'.”
In the Latitude Sunrise Arena indie-punk band Crystal Castles have also been announced as part of the line up.
Mr Dunn added: “With the very best of exciting and inspirational artists, bands and performers flocking to the sunrise coast for this year's Latitude Festival and with so many more to be announced across all the arenas, this year's event is promising to be yet another truly spectacular event.”
For tickets call the box office on 0870 0603775.
Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send an e-mail to email@example.com