Broken down train delays Greater Anglia services between Ipswich and Manningtree
- Credit: Archant
Rail passengers travelling between Ipswich and Manningtree are facing delays and cancellations this evening.
A broken down train is causing services running through both stations to be cancelled, delayed by up to 20 minutes or revised.
Greater Anglia bosses are warning that disruption could continue until at least 8.30pm.
Ipswich Town fans heading back to Manningtree and Colchester and those travelling into London are being affected.
Customers using services travelling in the opposite direction, towards Stowmarket, Diss and Norwich, are also being delayed.
You may also want to watch:
The 5.24pm Colchester to Norwich train has been cancelled and so has the 6.30pm Norwich to Colchester service.
The 7.47pm Colchester to Norwich service is also no longer running.
- 1 Tributes paid to Ipswich's 'best-loved shopkeeper' Hajara 'Sid' Singh
- 2 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 3 Critical care full and nearly 700 patients fighting Covid in hospital
- 4 Closure of Debenhams stores in Suffolk and north Essex confirmed
- 5 Kesgrave woman writes book on incredible journey from suicide attempt to ultra marathon
- 6 Ipswich Town 'disappointed' at newspaper stance - Evans stands by Lambert
- 7 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 8 Severe delays on A14 following collision between lorry and car
- 9 COMMENT: Paul Lambert's record at Ipswich Town is not good enough - it's time for change
- 10 Covid infection rate in Ipswich continues to fall below England average
Greater Anglia chiefs have apologised to passengers for the disruption.
They are encouraging those travelling between the two stations to claim compensation via the Delay Repay tool if their journey time is disrupted for more than 30 minutes.