Bruce puts himself in the frame
SEASONED soccer boss Bruce Rioch today threw his hat in the ring to succeed George Burley as manager of Ipswich Town.His potential to fit the bill was revealed exclusively in The Evening Star on Saturday and he said: "Obviously I'm interested."
By Dave Allard
SEASONED soccer boss Bruce Rioch today threw his hat in the ring to
succeed George Burley as manager of Ipswich Town.
His potential to fit the bill was revealed exclusively in The Evening Star on Saturday and he said: "Obviously I'm interested."
You may also want to watch:
During a highly successful era as manager of Middlesbrough, Rioch did much for the career of central defender Tony Mowbray, now the Town caretaker manager.
Linking the pair together at Portman Road is a possibility for Blues' chairman David Sheepshanks and his board.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 3 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 4 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 5 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 10 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
Rioch, who lives in Norfolk, says he doesn't think the fact that he once managed Norwich should go against him.
"I don't think that's so much of an issue now and in football all that matters is getting results for the club," said the one-time Arsenal manager.
See tonight's Evening Star for full story…