Bucklesham Grange Care Home shortlisted at Dementia Care Awards
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich care home has been shortlisted for a national award.
The Bucklesham Grange Care Home on Bucklesham Road is nominated in the Interior Dementia Design category at the Dementia Care Awards.
The awards were set up in 2009 to celebrate the achievements of care providers who have made a significant difference to the quality of life of people who live with dementia.
General manager of Bucklesham Grange Daniel Rowark said: “We are absolutely delighted to have our home in the final for this prestigious award.
“An enormous amount of hard work, dedication and passion has gone into creating this beautiful facility so that the residents, their families and the care teams can feel at home. Being shortlisted for this category is a wonderful acknowledgement of all that effort.”
You may also want to watch:
The home provides residential, dementia and nursing care. It was refurbished in April this year, and now includes a luxurious hair salon, café, a state-of-the-art cinema and a therapy room where residents can enjoy a massage.
This latest nomination would not be the first award for the Ipswich care home this year.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 7 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 8 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 9 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
- 10 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
In August it was announced that the home had won the Best Resident Engagement category at the Hallmark in Bloom awards for getting residents involved in maintaining the homes’ gardens. Two of the residents at the home, Jack Stockings, 86, and 75-year-old Peter Pearson also won in the carry on gardening award.
A further award came to the home in September in the form of Bucklesham Grange’s latest inspection report.
The home was given the top rating of ‘Outstanding’ by watchdog the Care Quality Commission for the level of care received by residents at the home from staff, which it described as exceptional.
According to the report: “Staff were proud to work at Bucklesham Grange and were remarkably motivated and passionate about delivering high-quality care.
“They were also extremely compassionate, attentive and caring in their interactions with people.”
The care home will not have to wait long to see if it has won this latest award as the ceremony is due to take place on November 8 at Doncaster Racecourse. The night will be hosted by former Emmerdale actor, John Middleton.