Bungalow fire caused by candle

FIRE crews were called to tackle a house fire after an unattended candle set alight to the property.Firefighters were called to a bungalow in Kings Land, in Shotley, shortly after 7pm yesterday and tackled the fire for 30 minutes.

FIRE crews were called to tackle a house fire after an unattended candle set alight to the property.

Firefighters were called to a bungalow in Kings Land, in Shotley, shortly after 7pm yesterday and tackled the fire for 30 minutes.

Nobody was inside the property when the fire broke out.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter