Burned teenager had been asphyxiated
A TEENAGE girl whose burning body was found in an isolated country lane in Essex had been asphyxiated before she was set alight.Police have named the girl as Debra Carne , 17, of Swan Court, Sible Hedingham.
A TEENAGE girl whose burning body was found in an isolated country lane in Essex had been asphyxiated before she was set alight.
Police have named the girl as Debra Carne , 17, of Swan Court, Sible Hedingham. They also said four people – all aged in their late teens and early 20s – had been arrested in connection with the incident and were helping detectives with enquiries.
Officers were last night comforting the relatives of Miss Carne whose body was discovered by three local people just after 10.30pm on Sunday in undergrowth beside a narrow layby on a country lane.
The body was found in Dyne's Hall Road, on the road to Hopwell's Farm between Halstead and the Hedinghams.
You may also want to watch:
Two walkers and a lone motorist appear to have encountered the flames by the roadside at about the same time.
They quickly realised there was a woman's body at the seat of the fire and called the fire service.
- 1 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 2 Body found in the River Orwell
- 3 Wrong way A12 driver flees scene after causing crash
- 4 Ipswich landlord fined £4K for leaving mountain of rubbish outside property
- 5 Felixstowe beach hut sells for record price of £65k within hours
- 6 Police investigate illegal Kesgrave bike jumps
- 7 Man, 71, downloaded child porn after accident affected his sex life
- 8 Police deal with spate of incidents in Ipswich
- 9 Dog to be put down after biting three people in Ipswich
- 10 Ipswich woman drove at 78mph during police chase around town
Firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze before the body was burned beyond recognition. Detectives immediately treated the death as suspicious.