Burned teenager had been asphyxiated
A TEENAGE girl whose burning body was found in an isolated country lane in Essex had been asphyxiated before she was set alight.Police have named the girl as Debra Carne , 17, of Swan Court, Sible Hedingham.
A TEENAGE girl whose burning body was found in an isolated country lane in Essex had been asphyxiated before she was set alight.
Police have named the girl as Debra Carne , 17, of Swan Court, Sible Hedingham. They also said four people – all aged in their late teens and early 20s – had been arrested in connection with the incident and were helping detectives with enquiries.
Officers were last night comforting the relatives of Miss Carne whose body was discovered by three local people just after 10.30pm on Sunday in undergrowth beside a narrow layby on a country lane.
The body was found in Dyne's Hall Road, on the road to Hopwell's Farm between Halstead and the Hedinghams.
You may also want to watch:
Two walkers and a lone motorist appear to have encountered the flames by the roadside at about the same time.
They quickly realised there was a woman's body at the seat of the fire and called the fire service.
- 1 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 2 Felixstowe man caught with thousands of indecent images of children
- 3 Waterfront restaurant with 145 wines crowned best in Ipswich
- 4 First look at full schedule for Sound City Ipswich music festival
- 5 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 6 Former charity worker denies fraud and will face trial
- 7 Lloyds Bank branch closes temporarily as staff self-isolate due to Covid
- 8 CCTV images issued following theft from car in Ipswich
- 9 Police make third arrest following Nacton stabbing
- 10 Lack of drivers having 'massive impact' on Suffolk businesses
Firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze before the body was burned beyond recognition. Detectives immediately treated the death as suspicious.