Bus crash investigation continues
TODAY the First Group was continuing its investigation in to a crash where a bus collided with a bus shelter.In later editions of yesterday's Evening Star, First Group said there had been no injuries to passengers or to people waiting under the shelter when the bus crashed in Hamilton Road, Felixstowe at 8am.
TODAY the First Group was continuing its investigation in to a crash in which a bus collided with a bus shelter.
In later editions of yesterday's Evening Star, First Group said there had been no injuries to passengers or to people waiting under the shelter when the bus crashed in Hamilton Road, Felixstowe at 8am.
A spokeswoman for the bus firm said: "We have launched a full investigation into the cause of the accident but initial reports show that as the number 75 bus coasted into the stop, the overhang of the bus caught the bus shelter.
"There was minor damage only to the bus and the shelter."
You may also want to watch:
Adshel, who own the bus shelter, said they would ensure a maintenance worker was sent out from their London base as soon as possible to assess the damage.
The police attended the accident at 8.20am yesterday and details were taken from the driver. No injuries were reported and no other action had been taken.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 3 'My life is on hold' – Ipswich man's plea for life-changing surgery
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 6 'Kind and caring' friend of the football community dies
- 7 Historic Waterfront church to be new Ipswich music venue
- 8 New Ipswich fine food store is back - and smoked eels prove a hit
- 9 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 10 Risk of thundery showers this evening, say forecasters