Bus crash investigation continues
TODAY the First Group was continuing its investigation in to a crash where a bus collided with a bus shelter.In later editions of yesterday's Evening Star, First Group said there had been no injuries to passengers or to people waiting under the shelter when the bus crashed in Hamilton Road, Felixstowe at 8am.
TODAY the First Group was continuing its investigation in to a crash in which a bus collided with a bus shelter.
In later editions of yesterday's Evening Star, First Group said there had been no injuries to passengers or to people waiting under the shelter when the bus crashed in Hamilton Road, Felixstowe at 8am.
A spokeswoman for the bus firm said: "We have launched a full investigation into the cause of the accident but initial reports show that as the number 75 bus coasted into the stop, the overhang of the bus caught the bus shelter.
"There was minor damage only to the bus and the shelter."
You may also want to watch:
Adshel, who own the bus shelter, said they would ensure a maintenance worker was sent out from their London base as soon as possible to assess the damage.
The police attended the accident at 8.20am yesterday and details were taken from the driver. No injuries were reported and no other action had been taken.
- 1 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 2 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 3 Person taken to hospital after collision in Sainsbury's car park in Ipswich
- 4 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 5 New special school planned for former BT site
- 6 Rolling road block put in place on A14 after concerns for safety
- 7 Men sentenced for 'vicious' attack in Ipswich churchyard
- 8 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
- 9 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 10 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete