Bus drivers are top class
TWO Ipswich bus drivers have been named among of the best in the country.Stuart Chenery, who drives buses for Ipswich Buses, and Lee Hill, a supervisor with the company, both ended up in the top 40 places at the National Bus Driver of the Year awards.
TWO Ipswich bus drivers have been named among of the best in the country.
Stuart Chenery, who drives buses for Ipswich Buses, and Lee Hill, a supervisor with the company, both ended up in the top 40 places at the National Bus Driver of the Year awards.
More than 120 bus drives from around the country took part in the finals in Blackpool which included theory and driving skills tests.
Managing Director of Ipswich Buses, Malcolm Robson, said: “To have two drivers in the top 40 bus drivers in the United Kingdom is a marvellous achievement by our company and shows the dedication and professionalism of both Lee and Stuart in driving buses in and around Ipswich.
“Our company is justifiably proud of their achievements.”
Are you celebrating an achievement? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich IP4 1AN or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 3 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 4 70 Kesgrave houses switch on for Festive Light Trail
- 5 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 6 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 7 Two people reported rough sleeping every day in Ipswich last month
- 8 Suffolk set to be battered by strong winds as weather warning issued
- 9 Pair deny involvement in amphetamine and cannabis dealing
- 10 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business