First look at new Food Warehouse in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
The Food Warehouse has invested more than £750,000 in another Ipswich supermarket which threw open its doors today for the first time.
This second Ipswich store, following on from the success of the first supermarket at Euro Retail Park, in east Ipswich, brings another 10,330 sq ft store to the town.
The supermarket is at the Suffolk Retail Park, off London Road, and closer to the town centre.
It opened its doors today, creating 30 new jobs, and offering seven-days a week shopping.
The Food Warehouse promised wholesale shopping without a membership scheme, such as at a cash-and-carry operation.
You may also want to watch:
The Ipswich deputy store manager Kenny Pryke, said: "Our opening day has been a great success and the whole team has really enjoyed meeting people from our local community."
At the Suffolk Retail Park it is in a terrace of large retail units, adjacent to recently opened Home Bargains and a longer-established home and garden store, The Range.
- 1 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 2 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 3 Delays expected at A14 Copdock Interchange
- 4 'I love it' –shoppers and retailers hope Ipswich street closure is here to stay
- 5 'Knock at the door it's... Sir Keir Starmer?' Labour leader joins Ipswich bingo night
- 6 Fire marshals to patrol Waterfront block 24/7 and balconies could be removed
- 7 Rogue trader steals money after offering to repair car
- 8 Burglars crept into Ipswich home while occupant was inside
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Ipswich street closure could be made permanent under consultation plans
Also nearby on the retail park are Argos, Halfords and Next.
Suffolk Retail Park is off London Road and close to the Yarmouth Road/Handford Road junction.