A night of fun and fundraising for brain tumour chariity
- Credit: Archant
Glasswells charity quiz in memory of director Robert
Quiz teams from home furnishings store Glasswells battled it out to raise £1,000 for charity.
The Brain Tumour Charity fundraiser was in memory of company director Robert Hawkins, who died in August following a short illness.
Twenty teams made up by members of staff at Glasswells met in the in-store Place to Eat restaurant to battle it out for the coveted title of Quiz Team Winners 2015.
The annual quiz, which was always organised by Robert, is in its seventh year and has raised thousands of pounds for various charities. Buying director Richard Ball, who took on the mantle of quiz master, said: “I know Robert would have been incredibly proud with everyone’s efforts and generosity.”
You may also want to watch:
The charity’s head of fundraising, Geraldine Pipping, praised the efforts of staff.
- 1 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 2 First look at plans for new Ipswich BMX track ahead of big build
- 3 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 4 WATCH: Former policeman given blue light salute during 24-hour marathon
- 5 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 6 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Plans for new Waterfront restaurant and bar receive over 50 objections
- 9 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 10 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL